… Where Fencers Prepare for the World’s Stages
Zeta Fencing is the home of national and international sabre fencing champions. Some of our nation’s and the world’s best sabre fencers are part of our High Performance Program. As one of the world’s strongest sabre fencing programs, it provides world-class training at the highest national and international level. Our elite fencers train 5-6 days a week and follow an extensive national and international tournament schedule. They are regularly joined by guests from all around the world. During the 2015-2016 fencing season, Zeta’s fencers won national championships, world championships, and participated in the Rio Olympic Games!
Fencers with national competition experience who are fully committed to the sport of fencing can contact us to be considered candidates for the program. Individual students have to be admitted into the program by Zeta Fencing’s Head Coach Zoran Tulum. Admission depends on fencing level, athletic potential, and personal development of a fencer but is limited by class size. Please contact us if you would like to schedule an evaluation.
Class & Competition Schedule 2016-217
Zeta Fencing’s High Performance Program offers classes Monday through Thursday at 7:30 – 9:30pm and a mandatory Sunday practice at 10:00am – 1:00pm.
The program runs continuously through the fencing season. During the 2016-2017 season, classes will start on September 1, 2016 and end on June 30, 2017. Only major holidays will interrupt the class schedule. Zeta Fencing will be closed on Labor Day (September 5, 2016), for Thanksgiving weekend (November 24-27, 2016), during Christmas/New Year’s break (December 24, 2016 – January 1, 2017) and on Memorial Day (May 29, 2017). Please be aware that this schedule is tentative and minor changes may be made at a later time.
See, download and print Zeta Fencing’s competition schedule for the season here. Please be aware that this schedule is tentative and will very likely be changed several times during the season. We will always post the most current version here.
Fencers should use this schedule as their starting point for setting up a personal competition schedule for the season. Mark the tournaments you are interested in, then bring the page with your selection, comments, and questions to the club and discuss it with your personal coach. Please always confirm with your personal coach before you sign up for a tournament. If you are interested in attending a competition that’s not on the list, advise with your coach.
Fees & Registration
In order to sign up, students must commit to the entire season (or until the end of the season if they join later). Class fees can be paid monthly or for the entire season and are calculated as follows:
- Program fee (11+ hours of instruction/fencing per week) – $ 750 per month (or $ 7,000 full season prepayment by September 1, 2016)
- Zeta Fencing club membership – $300 per season
We offer a family discount for all our classes. The first family member pays the full price, every additional family member receives a 25% discount on class fees. If family members are participating in programs with different fees, the higher-priced program has to be paid in full and the family discount is applied to the lower-priced program. For club membership, the reduced membership fee for additional family members is $150 per season.
Once our Head Coach has invited you to join the Zeta Fencing’s High Performance Program, we need the following paperwork in order to register students:
- Completed Registration Form and Season Contract: Download here or pick one up at the club. (2 pages!)
- Proof of competitive USA Fencing membership: Our insurance requires that all students have to be current members of USA Fencing. In order to compete, a fencer needs a competitive membership with USA Fencing. Renew your membership here.
- Payment: Please indicate on your registration form which type pf payment you choose. Class payments can be made (1) by check or cash, please hand in with your registration form; (2) automated payments via online banking, please write date of your bank’s confirmation on the registration form, or (3) online credit card or bank payment, please click on the button below and write date of payment confirmation on the registration form.
- Locker Rental Agreement: All students of the High Performance Program are required to rent a locker. The signed rental agreement and payment can be handed in separately from the registration, but no later than the first day of class. Download the form here.
We ask all fencers and parents to read and acknowledge Zeta Fencing’s Code of Conduct. By signing a registration form, you agree to its terms.
You can mail in your registration or drop it off at the club in person. Class size is limited, so early registration is recommended. Spots are awarded on a first come, first served basis. We only hold spots for complete registrations with full payment and proof of USA Fencing membership.