… Where Fencers Prepare for the World’s Stages
Zeta Fencing is the home of national and international sabre fencing champions. Some of our nation’s and the world’s best sabre fencers are part of our high performance program. As one of the world’s strongest sabre fencing programs, we provide world-class training at the highest national and international level. Our elite fencers train 4-5 days a week and follow an extensive national and international tournament schedule. They are regularly joined by guests from around the world. Zeta’s fencers have won national championships, world championships, and participated in the Rio Olympic Games.
Fencers with national competition experience who are fully committed to the sport of fencing can contact us to be considered candidates for the program. Individual students have to be admitted into the program by Zeta Fencing’s Head Coach Zoran Tulum. Admission depends on fencing level, athletic potential, and personal development of a fencer, but is limited by class size. Please contact us if you would like to schedule an evaluation.
Zeta Fencing’s High Performance Training offers classes on Monday 6:30-9:00pm, Wednesday 6:30-9:00pm, and Friday 5:00-7:00pm. Students are expected to join open fencing at least once per week.
In order to maintain a high level of fencing, all high performance fencers are required to take a minimum of 2 weekly individual lessons with our coaches. Please contact us directly to schedule lessons.
Classes start September 1st, 2019 and end on June 30th, 2020. Classes run continuously with the exception of the following major holidays: Labor Day (September 2), Thanksgiving (no classes November 27-30), Christmas/New Year (no classes December 23-January 1), Memorial Day (May 25).
Class cancellations due to inclement weather or other circumstances beyond our control will always be communicated via email and social media. Please make sure to provide a reliable email contact to receive urgent updates regarding classes and lessons.
You can download the class schedule for the 2019-2020 season here (PDF).
Students of the high performance program are expected to fence the complete national circuit for their age group; their goal is to qualify for and participate in the US National Championships. Once it is finalized, you will be able to download the current version of Zeta’s schedule of recommended tournaments here (PDF). Fencers should use this schedule as their starting point for setting up a personal competition schedule for the season. Please always confirm with your personal coach before you sign up for a tournament. If you are interested in attending a competition that’s not on the list, advise with your coach.
In order to sign up, students must commit to the entire season (or until the end of the season if they join later). Class fees can be paid monthly or for the entire season and are calculated as follows:
- Program fee (12 hours of instruction/fencing per week) – $360 per month
- Zeta Fencing club membership – $300 per season
- Discounted full-season payment available until September 1st, 2019 – $3,300 class fees plus costs for club membership (pay by check or cash only, no online payments)
We offer a family discount for all our classes. The first family member pays the full price, every additional family member receives a 25% discount on class fees. If family members are participating in programs with different fees, the higher-priced program has to be paid in full and the family discount is applied to the lower-priced program. For club membership, the reduced membership fee for additional family members is $150 per season.
- Completed Registration Form and Season Contract: Download here or pick one up at the club. (2 pages!) We need a completed and hand-signed form. You can either mail in/drop off the hard copy, or email a clearly readable scan/photo.
- Proof of competitive USA Fencing membership: Our insurance requires that all students have to be current members of USA Fencing. In order to compete, a fencer needs a competitive membership with USA Fencing. Renew your membership here.
- Payment: Please indicate on your registration form which type pf payment you choose. Class payments can be made (1) by check or cash, please hand in with your registration form; (2) automated payments via online banking, please write date of your bank’s confirmation on the registration form, or (3) online credit card or bank payment through PayPal, please click on the button below and write date of payment on the registration form.
- Locker Rental Agreement: All students of the High Performance Program are required to rent a locker. The signed rental agreement and payment can be handed in separately from the registration, but no later than the first day of class. Download the form here.
We ask all fencers and parents to read and acknowledge Zeta Fencing’s Code of Conduct. By signing a registration form, you agree to its terms.