Our adult fencing program combines all levels of fencing for ages 14-99. At the beginning of each session, we welcome new beginners. Adult fencing classes include conditioning, footwork, class drills, and of course free bouting. Fencers work in groups according to their skill level. More experienced fencers are encouraged to represent Zeta Fencing in open and veteran competitions at all levels.
Classes are offered in 7-week sessions. Individual instruction is not offered during adult fencing classes, but is available outside of class time to interested fencers. New fencers can borrow club equipment at no additional cost at the beginning, but we expect all competitive adult fencers to use their own equipment during practice.
Adult fencing is offered on Tuesday 7:00-8:30 pm.
Class Schedule & Fees
New fencers can join at the beginning of each session. Class sessions for the 2017-2018 season:
- Session 1: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 – Saturday, October 28, 2017
- Session 2: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 – Saturday, December 23, 2017 (no classes during Thanksgiving break: Wednesday, November 22 – Tuesday, November 28)
- Session 3: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 – Saturday, February 17, 2018 (school break between sessions 3 and 4: February 19-25)
- Session 4: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 – Saturday, April 14, 2018 (school break between sessions 4 and 5: April 16-22)
- Session 5: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 – Saturday, June 16, 2018 (no classes during Memorial Day break: Wednesday, May 23 – Tuesday, May 29)
Each 7-week class session costs $280. Class fees include fencing equipment rental and weekly instruction. A club membership is not required to attend the adult class.
Upon coach’s consent, competitive adult fencers have the option to become members of Zeta Fencing. Club members have the right to attend open fencing on Sundays (10am-1pm), to schedule private lessons with coaches, and to represent Zeta Fencing at competitions. The costs for a club membership are $300 per season.
We offer a family discount for all our classes. The first family member pays the full price, every additional family member receives a 25% discount on class fees. If family members are participating in programs with different fees, the higher-priced program has to be paid in full and the family discount is applied to the lower-priced program. For club membership, the reduced membership fee for additional family members is $150 per season.
In order to register, bring or mail the following to Zeta Fencing:
- Completed registration form: Download here or pick one up at the club. You can drop off or mail the completed form, or email us a scan or photo of the signed form.
- Proof of USA Fencing membership: Our insurance requires that all students become members of USA Fencing. A non-competitive membership costs $10 per year. Find more information and detailed instructions here.
- Payment: Please indicate on your registration form which type pf payment you choose. Class payments can be made (1) by check or cash, please hand in with your registration form; (2) automated payments via online banking, please write date of your bank’s confirmation on the registration form, or (3) online credit card or bank payment through PayPal , please click on the button below and write date of payment on the registration form.
We ask all fencers and parents to read and acknowledge Zeta Fencing’s Code of Conduct. By signing a registration form, you agree to its terms.
Class size is limited, so early registration is recommended. Spots are awarded on a first come, first served basis. We only hold spots for complete registrations with full payment and proof of USA Fencing membership.
You can pay your class fees below, but please remember that we need a completed registration form in addition to your payment: