Our adult fencing program combines all levels of fencing. At the beginning of each session, we welcome new beginners. Adult fencing classes include conditioning, footwork, class drills, and of course free bouting. Fencers work in groups according to their skill level. More experienced fencers are encouraged to represent Zeta Fencing in open and veteran competitions at all levels.
Classes are offered in 7-week sessions. Individual instruction is not offered during adult fencing classes, but is available outside of class time to interested fencers. New fencers can borrow club equipment at no additional cost at the beginning, but we expect all competitive adult fencers to use their own equipment during practice.
Adult fencing is offered Tuesday 7:00-8:30 pm.
Class Schedule, Fees & Registration
New fencers can join at the beginning of each session. Class sessions for the 2016-2017 season:
- Session 1: Monday, September 12, 2016 – Sunday, October 30, 2016
- Session 2: Monday, October 31, 2016 – January 8, 2017
(no classes during Thanksgiving week November 21-27, 2016 and during December 19, 2016 – January 1, 2017)
- Session 3: Monday, January 9, 2017 – Sunday, February 26, 2017
- Session 4: Monday, February 27, 2017 – Sunday, April 16, 2017
- Session 5: Monday, April 17, 2017 – Sunday, June 11, 2017
(no classes around Memorial Day weekend Thursday May 25 – Wednesday May 31, 2017)
Each 7-week class session costs $250. We offer a family discount for all our classes. The first family member pays the full price, every additional family member receives a 25% discount on class fees. If family members are participating in programs with different fees, the higher-priced program has to be paid in full and the family discount is applied to the lower-priced program.
In order to register, bring or mail the following to Zeta Fencing:
- Completed registration form: Download here or pick one up at the club.
- Proof of USA Fencing membership: Our insurance requires that all students become members of USA Fencing. A non-competitive membership costs $10 per year. Find more information and detailed instructions here.
- Payment: Please indicate on your registration form which type pf payment you choose. Class payments can be made (1) by check or cash, please hand in with your registration form; (2) automated payments via online banking, please write date of your bank’s confirmation on the registration form, or (3) online credit card or bank payment, please click on the button below and write date of payment confirmation on the registration form.
We ask all fencers and parents to read and acknowledge Zeta Fencing’s Code of Conduct. By signing a registration form, you agree to its terms.
Class size is limited, so early registration is recommended. Spots are awarded on a first come, first served basis. We only hold spots for complete registrations with full payment and proof of USA Fencing membership.